Leading Talents Positions at Institut Pasteur of Shanghai, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
I. ABOUT IPS AND NUAI
Institute Pasteur of Shanghai (IPS) is an international research institute jointly established by Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and France Pasteur Institute. By focusing on key scientific issues such as pathogenic mechanisms of major infectious diseases, immune protection and pathological rules, IPS carries out basic and transformational researches to serve for the global public health. IPS, equipped with an advanced research platform and technical system, has formed three interdisciplinary research fields including pathogen biology, immunology and vaccinology. As a major player in prevention and control of infectious disease in the world, IPS is an important base and window for introduction of international high-end talents as well as sci-tech cooperation and personnel training for the Belt and Road Initiative.
In January 2018, IPS and Nanjing Chi-Lin Innovation Park (Science and Eco City) jointly established the Nanjing Unicorn Academy of Innovation, IPS (hereinafter referred to as NUAI). NUAI is a local institutional legal entity in Nanjing, positioned as Nanjing Branch of Institute Pasteur of Shanghai. With focus on the diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases and the research and development of biomedicine, it has carried out the frontier theoretical and technological innovation and production in the directions of antibody drugs, new vaccines, molecular immune diagnosis, etc., aiming to build a world-class biomedical industry-university-research cooperation base which will promote the gathering of high-end elements of the research and industry chain.
NUAI is opening globally and recruiting talents and teams with excellent work background in interdisciplinary fields such as epidemiology, microbiology, antibody vaccine, pharmaceutical pathology, biochemistry, biosensor, and material chemistry, especially the research-oriented talents who carry out the most cutting-edge theoretical innovation in relevant fields, and technology-oriented talents with advanced techniques or good potential for translational research. NUAI provides those selected talents with scientific research sites, facilities, funds and other related supports. In addition, NUAI will also provide the talents and teams with competitive salary in the region of Yangtze River Delta.
1. Rigorous in academy, honest in conduct, and excellent in education and experience;
2. PhD degree; At least two consecutive years of independent scientific research or technical R&D experience in well-known research institutions, universities or large enterprises;
3. Be able to independently lead a research group to carry out innovative scientific research, and be capable of conducting international academic exchanges;
4. Have top-class academic achievements and influence in the field; or have a good command of advanced, key and core technologies; or have products or achievements with independent intellectual property rights.
IV. DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION
Applicants should provide the following supporting documents by email:
(1) Cover Letter;
(2) Work Plan (theoretical or technological innovation, in Chinese and English);
(3) Resume (in Chinese and English);
(4) Representative achievements (theory or technology) published within recent 5 years;
(5) Copies pf certificates of education and award, as well as valid ID or passport;
(6) Professional and technical qualification certificate (if any);
(7) At least 3 letters of recommendation from famous experts at home and abroad.
After receiving the supporting documents, IPS will conduct the preliminary screen, and then organize an evaluation committee to review the documents from the applicants. A decision would be made according to the assessment result of the evaluation committee.
V. Working LOCATION
Email address: email@example.com
Email subject: Name + apply for leading talent
Contact: Ms. Sun